Monday, January 14, 2008

The No Diet Diet starts tomorrow!

I am starting the No Diet Diet program tomorrow and the first task is to not watch television all day. Now, that is going to be hard because although I don't generally watch a lot of TV during the day, I do like to sit down and watch the news and have a few other progs that I normally watch. Getting out of the habit of automatically sitting down on the sofa and switching the TV on is going to be difficult but I guess that's the whole point. This program is all about breaking those bad habits and using the time more creatively and importantly in a more healthy and fulfilling way.

I've also decided on my two other tasks that I am going to do in my first week, in addition to the daily tasks specified. Firstly, I am going to spend one day sitting in a different chair or at the other end of the sofa. The idea of this again is to break the habit of always doing the same thing. I know, it sounds like it should be easy and relatively simple but I think I am going to find this a challenge as I am very much a creature of habit. The second thing I am going to do, which to be honest I feel rather apprehensive about, is yoga. Carla has kindly lent me a DVD which includes some yoga exercises on it, which I am going to have a go at and see if I can master. I am not sure what to expect and I feel apprehensive about trying it for the first time.

Progress and updates on how it is all going will appear over the coming week. I am also keeping track of my weight each week and I will let you know how I get on.

5 comments:

Derek said...

Good luck with this Mark! I'm sure you and Carla will keep each other updated on your progress, and hopefully enjoy it!

*IMPORTANT* Before you set about doing the yoga, please preview the DVD and make sure that (a) it works in your player as we got this from the USA and (b) you have an idea of the moves you will be doing. This is important as when you are actually doing the moves, you may not be able to follow the images on screen that well. Follow the exerciser who does the modifications if you feel any strain. Any questions, please phone and ask!!

jamie said...

ooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Morandia said...

can't wait to hear how it goes! I'm a friend of Carla, so thought I'd check out your blog also! Good luck with the no diet diet.

Mark said...

Hi Morandia, thanks for your support and for looking at the blog. Please feel free to post any time!

jamie said...

hey,no replies for me...?