Sunday, August 13, 2006

A typical Sunday morning

My Sunday's always follow much the same pattern. Although its the only day of the week when I don't have to get up early, I am normally out of bed by 9am. I resent the fact that in my time I should waste it by laying in bed all day! The day starts with Classic FM, tuning into Sunday Morning Requests, one of my favourite radio shows of the week. This morning I heard two of my favourite classical pieces Mars from the Planets Suite by Holst and Vaughan Williams' Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis. The latter is just so quintessentially English, that much like Elgar's music it summons this noble and elegiac image of England.

Today I was going to be attacking the weeds in the garden although the rain has put an end to that idea. Although I only have a small garden it is hopelessly overgrown with weeds and the grass looks deader and more yellow every day. I really must do something about it. Hopefully the rain might revive the greenery a bit...

Instead, I've got some work to do on a web site I manage for one of the railway clubs that I belong too. I quite enjoy it but it is a lot of work at times and I've spent the last couple of months redesigning and rejuvenating the site I inherited. Its mostly been a labour of love as I have discovered so much more about building and maintaining web site and as railways are a big passion of mine, its not been a chore either.

Later I guess I should really find the effort to have a tidy up at home and make it look less like a bomb site!

No comments: