Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy Days!

I woke this morning with a real happy feeling about the day. I am not often like this on a Monday morning. Normally its a chore dragging myself from under the duvet to face the grey miserable start to another week. Not today though! Oh no, I was up and ready for anything that life could throw at me!

And it did...

Predictably for a Monday it was raining when I left home to start the 45-minute walk to work. Why does it always rain on a Monday? It seemed when I was at school, it would always rain on a Friday. And not just a little rain either but skin-soaking heaving rain. It was so hard that it was bouncing off the ground!

However nothing has dampened my mood today. Even the normal stresses of work haven't really got me down. I am not often like this.

I am happy because I am looking forward to some things later this week. Particularly going to the Proms on Thursday night and then spending a few days in Pompey at the weekend. That's enough to put a smile on my face. I always get nostalgic and slightly emotional when I think of going back to Portsmouth. I associate it with so many of the happy and important things in my life. That is not to say that I have been unhappy while I've lived in Milton Keynes, its just that the things that have defined me as a person, for better of worse, happened while I was in Pompey. And everytime I go back it is like reconnecting with a part of me that I left behind.

I am happy now. I feel a warm feeling of contentment, that everything is going to be alright. It may only be fleeting and maybe hopelessly optimistic, but I'll live in the moment for now. I am not often like this.

No comments: