Saturday, August 12, 2006

So many ways to begin

For someone, who by my own admission, always has a lot to say I have become suddenly reticent. That's not a good start for a blog... So, the hook is the title of the novel I am reading, which seems rather appropriate, as it is about new beginnings and starting again.

There isn't going to be a theme to my blog. Its just my random mutterings and opinions, some forthright, some ventured tentatively about anything and everything. Every now and again I might say something interesting although don't count on it! Even less often I am likely to say something thought provoking or deeply profund. The latter will, rest assured, be a very rare event. However, I do hope that what I have to say will stir up some emotion, controversy and possibly debate. I never claim to be right about anything, this is just my opinions, so feel free to take a different tack and point out where I've gone wrong - oh yes I welcome your comments.

As this is my first post, I guess I should start by saying a little about myself.

I am 30 years old, single and live in Milton Keynes, Bucks. I've lived here for the past 5 years, having moved with work from my beloved hometown of Portsmouth. I miss being by the sea every day although fortunately MK has enough distractions to keep me occupied most of the time. Milton Keynes is not a place solely of concrete cows and roundabouts as the unjustified jibes about the place may suggest.

Anyhows back to me.

I work in banking and have done for the last 12 years, ever since I left college. It wasn't a career I would have chosen for myself. I've never had a clear career ambition and so just took the first job I was offered. I'd also applied to work in a library and some other miscellaneous boring office jobs. Its okay what I do now, still a boring office job to most people I am sure, although it pays the bills and means I can live fairly comfortably.

One of my consuming passions is Star Wars. Before you hurriedly rush to find another blog, I promise I will keep my diatribes on the said saga to a minimum. I am a fan of sci-fi more generally and enjoy reading the likes of Arthur C Clarke, H G Wells, John Wyndham and Iain M Banks.

Films and DVD's eat up far too much of my disposable income and free time. I've listed some of my favourite films in my profile.

Anyhows, that's a little about me and what I like. Check my profile for more about me. Hopefully, in the next few days I may even have mastered how to upload a picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee! You started a blog! Well done, you!!!